- “NATIONAL LIFE AND GENERAL INSURANCE COMPANYSAOG DUBAI BRANCH” maintains the https://www.nlg.ae/ Website (“Site”).
- “NATIONAL LIFE AND GENERAL INSURANCE COMPANYSAOG Head Office” maintains the https://www.nlg.om/ and https://www.nlicgulf.com/ Website (“Site”).
1. Service Owner
National Life & General Insurance Company (NLGIC)
PO Box: 798, PC 117, Wadi Kabir, Sultanate of Oman, Email: email@example.com
2. This Application
NLGIC Mobile or Internet Application referred to as “this Application”
Services provided by NLGIC through this Applicationallows the User to avail certain services including but not limited to getting insurance policy quotes, submitting proposals, purchase of policies, etc. NLGIC reserves the rights to add and remove functionalities or features as well as suspend or even discontinue the Service, either temporarily or permanently. In case of final discontinuation, NLGIC will do the utmost to allow Users to withdraw their information held by NLGIC.
4. Use of Services
Users of the services offered by NLGIC through this Application acknowledge and accept these terms and conditions. Access and use of this Application is subject to acceptance of these terms and conditions. By accessing this Application, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions which may change from time to time at the NLGIC’S absolute discretion. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, you must immediately discontinue access to and use of this Application and the services contained therein.
Users are solely responsible for the use of online services offered by NLGIC through this Application, the use of which is done at their own risk and falls entirely under their responsibility. Users are not allowed to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of this Application without NLGIC’s express prior written permission, granted either directly or through a proper process.
The Service is provided by the Service Owner “as is basis”, with no express or implied warranty for accuracy or availability.
5. Registration of User
6. Termination of User
Registered users can cancel their accounts and stop using the Service at any time, through the interface of this Application or directly by contacting the Service Owner.
7. Responsibilities of the User
The User is responsible for:
- Responsibility for ensuring the mobile device or other devices used to access this Application are safe and free from any virus and that they are adequately protected against encountering viruses, malwares.
- The User hereby irrevocably and unconditionally accepts responsibility and liability for any and all transactions arising from the use of this Application without limitation;
- It is the User’s responsibility to ensure that payment details are input correctly. The NLGIC is under no obligation to verify these details and the User will be solely liable for any misdirected funds due to their error;
- The User agrees not to interfere with or damage (or in any way attempt to) any data, software or security associated with this Application;
Failure by the User to comply with their responsibilities, obligations and these Terms and Conditions entitles the NLGIC to terminate the Users access to this Application.
The Motor policies provides cover against the insured vehicle owner’s Liability mandated at law in the event any Death, Injury or Property damage is caused as a result of using any vehicle registered for road use in public places. Damage to the insured vehicle itself, Personal Accident cover for the person driving and to the passengers are also common choices in this category of insurance.
Comprehensive Insurance: The insurance on the body of the motor vehicle, insurance in favour of third party, natural calamities and personal accident. Compulsory Insurance: Insurance which covers all that has occurred to the Third Party, such as death, bodily injured, material damage and medical expenses.
Get a Quote
The User can get an insurance quote for insurance policies offered through this Application.
On their own discretion, the User may choose to purchase the insurance policy online through this Application.
OMR – Omani Riyal is the currency used for online payment.
Methods of Payment
The User can make payment by using their Credit Card or Debit Card
The user shall ensure that enough balance is maintained in the Credit Card or Debit Card to avoid payment decline issues.
Duration of the Policy
Unless stated otherwise, the insurance policy coverage is for a period of 1 (one) year from the date of purchase of an insurance policy, the validity is subject to payment of premium and successful receipt such payment by NLGIC, any renewal of the policy(s) shall be as per the terms and conditions pertaining to the policy document.
Policy schedule will be sent by email to the User’s registered email address registered in the application, other related physical documents if any shall be collected from National Life & General Insurance Company HO Motor Insurance Department located at Building No: 115, Plot No: 330, Block No: 146, Way No: 4202.
PAYMENT CONFIRMATION (for Services):
Once the payment is made, the confirmation notice will be sent to the client via email within 24 hours of receipt of payment.
Cancellation and refund Policy:
The User can initiate a request for a Cancellation/Refund for the policies purchased through this Application by submitting the request for cancellation subject to the terms and conditions of the policy document. These requests should be submitted in person at National Life & General Insurance Company HO Motor Insurance Department located at Building No: 115, Plot No: 330, Block No: 146, Way No: 4202.
· Free look period:-
Where no claim has been initiated in terms of this Policy or where no right has accrued to the Life Assured to initiate a claim or receive any benefit in terms of the Policy, the Life Assured may, within thirty (30) days from the Policy Issuance Date, cancel the Policy by notifying the Company in writing and duly acknowledged by the Company. Pursuant to it, the Policy will be cancelled, and the Company will pay the Total Premium paid by the customer after deducting any expenses borne by the Company for medical examination of the Life Assured. All the rights under the Policy shall stand terminated immediately on the cancellation of the Policy under this Clause. No claims shall be entertained after initiation of refund during the free look period, even if event eligible for claim fell before the initiation of free look refund.
· Post free look period:-
No refunds shall be applicable after the free look period. There is no maturity value/ cash value payable on cancellation of the policy after the free look period
Product specific cancellation and refund details are mentioned in the Policy schedule Report.
The User agrees to indemnify and hold NLGIC and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners and employees, as the case may be, harmless from and against any claim or demand, including without limitation, reasonable lawyer’s fee and related costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of the use of or connection to the Service, violation of these terms, or violation of any third-party rights.
10. Forbidden Use
The service shall be used only in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Users may not:
- reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify or create derivative works based on this Application or any portion of it;
- circumvent any technology used by this Application or its licensors to protect content accessible via it;
- copy, store, edit, change, prepare any derivative work of or alter in any way any of the content provided through thisApplication;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve, scrape, or index any portion of This Application or its content;
- rent, lease or sublicense this Application;
- defame, abuse, harass, use threatening practices, threaten or violate the legal rights of others in any other way (such as rights of privacy and publicity);
- disseminate or publish content that is unlawful, obscene, illegitimate, defamatory or inappropriate;
- use thisApplication in any other improper way that violates these Terms and Conditions
All trademarks, nominal or figurative, and all other marks, trade names, service marks, word marks, illustrations, images, or logos that appear concerning this Applications are, and remain, the exclusive property of the NLGIC or its licensors and are protected by the laws in force on trademarks and by related international treaties.
13. Limitations of Liability
This Application and all functions accessible through this Application are made available to the users under the Terms and Conditions of the Agreement, without any warranty, express or implied, that is not required by law. In particular, there is no guarantee of suitability of the service offered for the User’s specific goals. This Application and all functions accessible through this Application are used by the Users at their own risk and under their own responsibility. Therefore, the Service Owner shall not be liable for:
- Any losses that are not direct consequence of the breach of the Agreement by the Service Owner;
- Any loss of business opportunities and any other loss, even indirect, that may be incurred by the User;
- Damages or losses resulting from interruptions or malfunctions of this Application due to acts of force majeure, or at least to unforeseen and unforeseeable events and, in any case, independent of the will and extraneous to the Service Owner’s control, such as by way of example but not limited to, failures or disruptions of telephone or electrical lines, the internet and/or other means of transmission, unavailability of websites, strikes, natural disasters, viruses and cyber-attacks, interruptions in the delivery of products, third party services or applications;
- Incorrect or unsuitable use of this Application by Users or third parties
- For any damages, including without limitation direct or indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising in connection with usage or any inability to use the application by any party, or in connection with any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption.
14. Changes to these Terms
The Service Owner reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time, informing Users by publishing a notice within this Application. Users who continue to use this Application after the publication of the changes accept the new Terms in their entirety.
15. Assignment of contract
The Service Owner reserves the right to transfer, assign, dispose of by subcontract all or any rights or obligations under these Terms, as long as the User’s rights under the Terms are not affected. Users may not assign or transfer their rights or obligations under these Terms in any way without the written permission of the Service Owner.
16. Changes to these Terms
All communications relating to this Application must be sent using the contact stated in beginning of this document.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is invalid or unenforceable, that clause will be removed and the remaining provisions shall not be affected and shall remain in force.
18. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions, access to this Application and use of the Services provided therein shall be governed by the laws of the Sultanate of Oman. The User admits to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts in Oman. NLGIC reserves the right to pursue its remedies outside of Oman in the courts of any other jurisdiction, if so was considered more appropriate for NLGIC.
Terms and Conditions (or Terms)
These terms and conditions, which constitute a legally binding agreement between the User and Service Owner
Service Owner or Owner
The service(s) offered by the Service Owner to the User through NLGIC Mobile or Internet Application
The natural or legal person who, makes use of the Products or Services provided by the Service Owner